30 Day Cleanse. Day 1.

Thursday, February 20, 2014

So, maybe you're like me, and you don't know anyone who's done a "cleanse" program or "shake" program or any other diet program, and to be honest, you're a little skeptical . Does it seem a little too "sales-person-ey?" A little too "Infomercial?"

It seemed that way to me. After time though, the results can't be ignored. My friend from college, who I unashamedly facebook-stalked due to her success on this cleanse program, got me into trying this 30 day nutritional superfood that she and so many of her friends and family also tried.

To be honest, I don't feel as if there's enough genuine and thoughtful discourse from everyday folks like myself readily available out there, at least, I couldn't find much. I did find a lot of shiny marketing materials and glowing "personal testimonies." It's as if all the negative reviews or thoughts about this product were scrubbed clean from the internet. What is this company so afraid of? Controversy is to be expected with any product - it's the overall results that matter.This is my experiment to see if it really holds up to it's claim of losing weight, better performance, and healthy aging. I hope so, because I'm tired of feeling sick and sick of
being tired. Hopefully, this will help others as well to decide if this might be right for them.

Day 1.

A little background information: this program consists of super nutritional shakes that replace two meals a day while you eat one regular healthy meal, as well as the "cleansing days" that are not unlike fasting days which you rid your body and fat cells of fat-soluble toxins.

The shake was surprisingly creamy and delicious. Only added water and three ice cubes. Tastes a tiny bit like a protein shake (not surprisingly), but not overpowering. The vanilla is a good flavor to add to, but I won't be adding mixers. I do wonder what the Strawberry and Chocolate taste like though. I should have a mixture. I also wish I had gotten to liquid cans instead of powder... I think there would have been less mixing involved. Is there mixing involved or is it pre-mixed when it comes like that? Took the Energy shot. So far, recovering energy from late night last night without the jitters or craziness at all. Pleasantly surprised. Not a bad taste. Took The IsaSurpreme as a tea - tastes a bit like a cider kind of. Not bad, not great, not my favorite. Ouch, the sample peanut chocolate chew fiber snack was yummy, but hurt my gums. Too sharp! I won't be getting any of these.

Hungry at around 3pm. Never hunger at 3pm… but usually have sugar/diet soda cravings… so…? Ate IsaLean Bare - Natural Oatmeal Raisin. Wow super good. A lot of calories and carbs though. Not very hungry for dinner, but ate it anyway. I felt good know that I was putting more nutrition in my body that I have been in a long time.

Interesting first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Most Read