30-Day Cleanse - Day 4

Saturday, February 22, 2014

First of all, just to mix things up this morning, I made a chocolate vanilla shake. And it was delicious! I added one IsaDelight Plus™ Dark Chocolate to the shake as well as my usual three ice cubes and 8oz of water. In addition, I added 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to add more fat to my daily energy. Really, you can't go wrong with the ease of these meals.

My delicious vanilla-chocolate superfood creation.

Second, I'm not used to feeling hungry much since starting the awesome ketogenic diet where most of my calories come from fat, which is much more filling and satiating. Since I started the cleansing program, I've felt hungry every day before meal times, and to cut down on that feeling, I want to up my fat intake a bit more. Yesterday, I used heavy cream, but since I am sick, I didn't want to add dairy products to irritate my throat further. Also, I think the coconut oil is a better choice because of the Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) which work differently and more efficiently than other types of energy that goes into your body. Authority Nutrition has a great article on the benefits of coconut oil and another great article on fats.

As a side note, Authority Nutrition is a great website to research about nutrition because it bases its information on evidence and cites all their sources. So not only can you learn about a particular topic, you can read where the initial information came from and judge the robustness by that as well. Just great overall.

Lastly, as of Day 4 of this cleanse program, I released five pounds and three inches in my tummy. This is a big surprise for me since I am currently in the midst of my "Shark Week," which usually means I gain a few pounds and none of pants fit for about a week. Not only have I stopped the wretched period bloating, I actually seemed to have reversed it.

My plans for the rest of the day include a delicious dinner of Salmon and roasted veggies while my body fights this cold. I'm cheering for team Stephanie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Most Read